Published by Andrew on 27 June 2018
The roads around Alpe d'Huez will be turned over to cyclists every Tuesday morning throughout the summer for the Oisans Col Series.
The roads around Alpe d’Huez are being reserved for the excclusive use of cyclists every Tuesday morning throughout the 2018 summer.
Between July 3 and August 28, major cols and passes will be closed to cars to allow riders to take to the roads as part of the Oisans Col Series initiative.
If you're in the area, here are the cols you can enjoy climbing – and descending – in the company of fellow cyclists.
- Cols du Glandon et de la Croix de Fer: Tuesday, July 3, from 9am to noon
- Col d'Ornon: Tuesday, July 10, from 9am to 11am
- Col de Sarenne: Tuesday, July 17, from 9am to noon
- Montée vers Auris-en-Oisans: Tuesday, July 24, from 9am to 11am
- Col du Sabot Vaujany: Tuesday, July 31, from 9am to noon
- Alpe d'Huez: Tuesday, August 7, from 9 am to 11am
- Villard Reculas: Tuesday, August 14, from 9am to 11am
- Col d'Ornon: Tuesday, August 21, from 9am to 11am
- Col de Sarenne: Tuesday, August 28, from 9am to noon
Accommodation in the Alps