Published by Lyn on 11 October 2019
Join us on our Freewheeling France Social Rides Weekend and tackle the Ventoux. It's an all-abilities weekend and it's May 14-17, 2020.
Our THIRD annual Freewheeling France Ventoux weekend will take place on May 14-17, 2020.
This weekend is a fun social weekend for mixed abilities. You don't need to be a racing cyclist or a club rider to join us (I'm neither) – but of course you're welcome to come if you are (and bring your club mates too!)
You will need a decent level of fitness and a bit of determination to tame the Ventoux, but over the last two years we have had a real mix of social riders and sportive riders. We've had riders who have tackled two sides back-to-back (or three sides in three days), but we've also had hybrid riders who tried road bikes for the first time, e-bikers, and non-cycling partners who have tagged along for morale support (and lots of laughs).
The Ventoux weekend is intended to be a social weekend for Freewheeling France readers. You can ride at your own pace safe in the knowledge that it's probably not physically possible to be slower than me (you can check Strava if you think I am kidding).
I'm running the Ventoux weekend in conjunction with John and Gerry at 44-5 Cycling Tours, who have probably lost count of how many times they've climbed the Giant of Provence. Which may or may not offer some consolation in the last 10km.
Read on or email me at email@example.com for more info.
What you need to know
When: Thursday, May 14 to Sunday, May 17, 2020.
Cost: €415 per person based on double or twin share. There is a €100 single supplement – if you are happy to share a twin room, we can match you up with another solo rider (of the same gender) so you can avoid the supplement. There is a discount for non-cycling partners and friends.
- 3 nights' B&B hotel accommodation with Carmelina at Hotel Le Siecle in Mazan
- Evening 'welcome' meal on the Thursday
- Fully supported 'warm-up' ride on the Friday (approx 60km with 800m elevation)
- Fully supported Ventoux climb from Bedoin on the Saturday
- Self-guided group ride to the Gorges de la Nesque on the Sunday (optional)
- Energy gels, bars and water for guided rides
- Vehicle support and rescue service on Friday and Saturday
- Stacks of local advice from Gerry and John
What's not included
- Airport/station transfers and bike hire all available for a surcharge
- Lunches - we'll get these ourselves on the road
- Evening meals on Friday and Saturday. We eat locally in Mazan on a pay-as-you-go basis to cater for all budgets.