Published by Lyn on 27 June 2016
Jacqui Brown stayed at Hotel Les Voyageurs in Le Cheylard when she rode the Dolce Via bike route for us. Here's her review of the hotel.
5 things we liked
1. It is a friendly, family run hotel and even when reception is closed you can call the owner (who never puts her phone down) if you need anything.
2. It was a little unfortunate that our stay was a Sunday and the hotel restaurant was closed, and so it seemed were all the restaurants in town. However the hotel provided a tray meal that was perfectly adequate and ensured we didn’t go hungry. We even got a glass of wine with it.
3. The hotel is easy to find and using a map from reception we discovered a nice walk from the hotel to explore the riverside and the old, narrow streets of Le Cheylard. This was an easy after dinner stroll. Le Cheylard is also a good starting point for the Dolce Via.
4. Our shower room was quite funky, with striking tiling and a full body jet shower. A nice touch was the travel toothbrush and shaving kits provided.
5. The wifi in the bedroom was super fast and was perfect for streaming the photos taken during a day on the bikes.
All in all this is a good spot to lay your head if you are cycling in this area of France, and on the Dolce Via or Ardeche bike routes in particular.
Hotel Les Voyageurs
2 rue du Temple, 07160 Le Cheylard
Book online here
Our guest reviewer Jacqui Brown writes French Village Diaries, a blog about life in Poitou-Charentes, cycling, French food, travel, and books.